NGJones here, just back from driving and realizing:
I've quit texting while driving; certainly the most dangerous and immediate danger while operating a motor vehicle.
I still sometimes eat, but only things like carrots or goldfish; less message and one at a time sort of snacks.
I keep any grooming or looking at myself at all to a minimum anyway; most of the time.
I still sometimes answer the phone; but not in D.C., certainly.
The worst and the most researched of course - smoking.
Smoking is something I save exclusively for driving/ riding in a car. It sometimes sneaks up on me in social events or when "stressed," but in the car is where I feel the need to fulfill the fix the most.
If I can break the habit in the car, then I can break it completely.
I theorize and have heard that a lot of smoking is really an oral asphyxiation. I'll have to find ways to keep this fixation at bay.
I have a half pack and a few more full packs. I'll finish the half - but at a slower rate. Already I have driven to work 3 morning without lighting up. The remaining three, I will put in the freezer and maybe gift out or sell. Might as well make some money back.
Besides my will power and my working out (which keeps stress down, among other techniques I use), the best thing I have going for me is that I don't smoke cigarettes. What I smoke cannot be found in MD at all. I have had to drive to PA and VA the past few months to get them. Another good reason to quit; time and money baby. Health is the biggest reason, but time and money are right behind. Because what I smoke will be far away, I will always have an hour drive or more to reconsider the potential purchase. I wont settle for cigarettes or cigars or black and milds, oh no.
Clove "cigars" only. Come May, no smoking, only.
Speaking of May. 1 more semester down, 9 total down. 1 more to go. Then it's hello to the world of undergrads. I'll have the BS in EE that I have been working towards.
No comments:
Post a Comment